Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rhianna Looks for Bone Marrow Donor for Patient

I saw this report on Yahoo Music News and I just had to share it! I think it's wonderful when music artists do good things for others.

Rhianna is currently helping a 41-year old cancer patient find a bone marrow donor.

Rhianna, who recently won a Grammy and was named as an honorary cultural ambassador, is working with DKMS, a donor database, located in Germany, find a bone marrow donor for Lisa Gershowitz Flynn. Flynn is extremely ill with acute mylogenous leukemia. She is also a mother.

Rhianna is reported as telling People magazine, "When I heard about Lisa's plight, my heart broke." Rhianna hopes to find a bone marrow donor in time to help Lisa.

For more information about this story or how you can help, please visit:
DKMS: www.dkmsamericas.org.

No comments: